Subtract is a feature that allows designers to cut out the first selected object with the second selected object. This is useful in a variety of situations, such as when you split internal planes or cut out the section of component silkscreen that is overlapping other objects. This article explains how you can split planes with the Subtract command.
Splitting Planes with the Subtract Command
- Select the Line command from the Draw menu, and place lines on the plane.
- Select the Subtract command from the the Edit menu or the context menu.
- Specify the value for the clearance required at the Property window, as necessary.
- Select the plane you want to split.
- Select the lines on the plane.
- Finally, delete the lines you have created.