- Updated .NET Framework to 4.8.
* .NET Framework 4.8 is required to install and run Quadcept.
- The Delete key can now be used to remove a project from the Project window.
- The last run date for ERC/DRC/MRC can now be checked on the screen.
- The messages during design are now displayed on a toast instead of in a dialog for smoother design work.
- Enhanced the component upload to CCM.
- The revisions of placed symbols / footprints can now be viewed and compared.
- Changed the display format of port addresses so that they can be separated on different lines or moved to desired locations.
- Added the shortcut menu to go directly to the destination of a port.
- Enhanced the rectangle creation mode to create squares.
- Revamped and enhanced the Keep Out Area objects for better usability. (The Keep Out Area layers and objects are now separated by purpose. Pattern Keep Out Area / Drill Keep Out Area / Component Keep Out Area / Height Limit Area)
- Added the ability to convert a closed single connected line into each Keep Out Area or a Height Limit Area.
- Revamped the behavior of the MRC clearance check to prevent false detection of errors.
- A plane can now be created for a footprint. The net of a plane will be automatically set based on the net of the pad to which the plane is assigned.
- Added the ability to automatically trim silkscreen to make it easier to create silk layers.
- Added the Current Layer setting to the Display Layer Settings. The specified layer will be displayed when the display layer setting is applied.
- Revamped the HOLD feature for route width for more intuitive and better usability.
- Improved reference leader lines for better viewing.
- Added the ability to show/hide the outlines of dynamic planes.
- Added the ability to set scale when importing DXF files.
- Added the ability to output connection lines (rats nest) when printing a PCB sheet.
- Added the ability to import/export a component placement information file. This allows you to move multiple components at once via file import.
- Added the ability to break the links between dimension lines and their corresponding objects. (Bulk conversion to Free Dimension / Leader Line)
- Horizontal text position can now be specified for each dimension line.
- Added the option to fix the zoom magnification when panning.
- Added references to components in STEP files to make it easier to identify components.
- Objects in a footprint are now targeted for Keep Out Area Violation checks by the Keep Out Areas in that footprint.
- Improved the messages in the Transfer Content shown when running Annotation.
- Fixed an issue where some files provided by UltraLibrarian could not be imported.
- Fixed an issue where excluding components using “Prefix” in the “Select Excluding Component” dialog when performing a component update would also exclude unintended components.
- The number of unmounted components is no longer exported to the lists such as a BOM file.
- Fixed an issue where adding a new sheet to a project in the Project window could cause other projects in that window to be expanded.
- Added a notation to prompt name entry for power supplies / ports in each placement dialog.
- Fixed an issue where an error would occur in nested sub-circuits when running the Link with LTspice command.
- Fixed an issue where encrypted SPICE models could not be used for the Link with LTspice feature.
- Fixed an issue where gate components that were placed across multiple design sheets could be detected as Reference Duplication violations.
- Fixed an issue where unnecessary junctions were generated and unintentionally connected by the operations such as updating / replacing components.
- Fixed an issue that the Range settings in the Update Reference dialog did not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where components could not be placed if the filters for footprints were disabled.
- Fixed an issue where active footprints were not output into the CSV files exported from the Assign Footprint dialog.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect pin numbers and unintended net differences in project files converted by the CR-5000 SD converter.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error when running the Update Device Block command for certain data.
Fixed minor issues found during internal testing.
- Added the Use Default button for the Run DRC/MRC dialog to easily reset the settings back to default.
- Added an alert message for output file names when exporting manufacturing data.
- Revamped the UI and editable items for the Route dialog.
- Improved the behavior of the message dialog shown when running the Rebuild All Planes command.
- Fixed an issue where Unconnected Net errors could be falsely detected due to dangling routes.
- Fixed an issue where Edited Component Check errors could be falsely detected depending on the angle of the component.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect DRC setting names could be shown in the DRC Results window under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where online DRC settings were reset upon restart.
- Fixed an issue where connection lines could be shown incorrectly between pads and thermals.
- Fixed an issue that clearance was generated for hidden references when updating dynamic planes.
- Fixed an issue that line width could not be changed while routing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where certain splines would not be input correctly when importing DXF files.
- Fixed an issue where oval shapes could not be inputted when importing DXF files.
- Fixed an issue where pad coordinates could not be edited in the Pad dialog.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error when running the Trimming command for differential pair routes.
- Fixed an issue where an angled “aperture macro” was not drawn correctly in the Gerber viewer.
- Fixed an issue where PCB names that a panel referenced were not updated and remained out of date.
- Fixed an issue where a panel area was calculated including unnecessary objects.
- Fixed an issue where alignment marks and fiducial marks placed during panel placement could not be edited.
- Fixed an issue where the end point of a routing segment could not be anchored by a click while the bottom view was applied in the Canvas Settings.
- Fixed an issue where routes with their Cap Shape set as Square could be hidden when selected.
- Fixed an issue where filled objects of the same shape would be deleted when merged at the same location.
- Fixed an issue where filled objects could not be merged if they contained cutout outlines.
- Fixed an issue where the “Align Selected Objects to Justify Left and Right” / “Align Selected Objects to Justify Top and Bottom” commands did not work correctly under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the Generate Offset Figure command did not generate the correct shape for certain data.
- Fixed an issue where teardrops were not covered by the Subtract command.
- Fixed an issue where the teardrops of certain customized pads would have an unnatural shape.
- Fixed an issue where transferring a footprint with its reference placed on the bottom layer to a PCB sheet would place its reference at the top layer.
- Fixed an issue where rotating pads individually in a footprint would cause them to be out of alignment.
- Fixed an issue where moving / rotating objects would not work correctly in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where through pads in components were not being treated as component pads in ODB++ files.
- Fixed an issue where the folder name was different from the format specification for ODB++ files.
- Improved the UI to show the mirror settings for each page on the PCB print screen.
- Fixed an issue that would fail to convert BD files with certain data.
- Fixed an issue that caused unintended differences in MRC results for certain data designed in the past.
- Fixed an issue where DRC errors would be detected beyond the maximum number of DRC results under certain conditions.
- The Digi-Key Search dialog now supports the Digi-Key’s new category structure.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect behavior when transferring a schematic created in a CCM-unconnected environment to a PCB in a CCM-connected environment.
Fixed minor issues found during internal testing.
If you are not yet a Quadcept CAD user, you can try our CAD software for free. Please take this opportunity to try it out!